Parents are very curious about fall safety for kids. When a baby starts to walk there are major chances that they can fall. It is hard to protect a child from injuries related to falling but, following the precautions can help to reduce your child’s risk of falls and injuries.
Following the given guidelines will help you to prevent falls at home:
· You can install a stop that prevents windows from opening any further than 4 inches. You can also install window guards instead that can cover the lower part of the window. Other prevention strategies include opening double-hung windows, moving furniture away from windows.
· You should install safety gates at the top and bottom of staircases to prevent falls from stairs. Put doorknob covers on doors that lead to staircases.
· Don’t let a child play unattended on a balcony, porch, or fire escape even if there are railings. Lock doors and windows that provide access to these areas.
· You can use preinstalled safety straps on a changing table or highchair. Never leave a child unattended on a changing table or in a highchair.
· You can install safety rails on beds. Bunk beds should be used for children who are six or older. Safety rails on bunk beds should be on both sides of the bed, and gaps between rails should be 4 inches or less.
· Don’t leave a baby unattended on furniture. Place bassinets or portables car carriers on the floor. Place bumpers or guards on sharp corners of furniture.
· Use a bathmat in tubs to lower the risk of falls. Use a non-slip bathmat and clean up wet floors promptly.
· Avoid using baby walkers, which can lead to falls. Consider alternatives, such as a stationary walker center or activity center.
· Use a nightlight in your child’s bedroom, the bathroom, and hallways to prevent falls at night.
——————————————————————————————————————-Get inspired by these stories and start your own cool deeds. Let’s fill every neighborhood with good and cool activities. Start your first GroupUp activity or event, invite others, register participants & share your cool deeds so others can follow. Use CoolDeeds.com’s absolutely free tools to start your initiatives.
Step 1: CREATE THE EVENT/ACTIVITY:
Get inspiration and pick a date and create an “Event / Group Up” at www.cooldeeds.com. It is absolutely FREE. There are so many ideas on www.CoolDeeds.com, let’s take one and go with it or come up with your own ideas and start something good and cool in your neighborhood. Click here to get started.
Step 2: ANNOUNCE & INVITE:
Share it on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts to announce. Send an invite to your friends, neighbors and family to join the “Event / Group Up”.
Step 3: PERFORM EVENT & FEEL GOOD:
Perform the event, take images, videos, and share on www.CoolDeeds.com to inspire the world so others can do the same in their community and neighborhood.
You did it…….Even if you did this alone, you should be proud of yourself as we surely are. Let’s start creating an “Event / Group Up” today. Please note CoolDeeds.com is absolutely FREE for all the above activities. Our only purpose is to spread good and cool activities everywhere. We need volunteers like you to make a difference in the world.